Thursday, December 18, 2008

Solange and Katy Perry




Wow, it was a crazy night a couple of weeks ago!

Along with Logo and Levi's and Top Floor Live, we presented a special edition of Cherry Pop and Unbuttoned Live!  Broadcast live on the internet on logo.com and on topfloorlive.com, tens of thousands of people watched worldwide as the boys and girls partied at cherry pop...and in turn, we watched them as they partied in their rooms and houses with their webcams turned on.

And as part of that event, the amazing Solange performed.  Yes, the little sister of Beyonce, whose hits "I Decided" and "Sandcastle Disco" are on serious rotation everywhere.  She rocked the house, with a full band, backup singers, and totally won the crowd over.

As if that wasn't enough, Katy Perry and Perez Hilton dropped by, just for fun.  She had never been to Cherry Pop and loved it!  She asked it I wanted to her to say hello to the crowd.  Duh.  Yeah!  Well, she did more than that.  She jumped up on the go go box with a microphone and sang along with her mega-hits I Kissed A Girl and Hot & Cold.

I thought the floor was going to drop out from underneath the club.  I think every gay boys head exploded when she got up and said, "Hey boys, it's Katy Perry!"  Literally, I think I saw people spontaneously combust.  I've never seen a club bounce the way Cherry Pop did when she went into the chorus of Hot & Cold.

Here are a couple of photos from the night.  Check out my website for more photos and some video coming soon.



No comments: